Monday, October 21, 2013

PAPA DUKE

Our daughter Holly posted the pic and the comment below on Facebook today:



"Can't believe it's been 13 years today since my Papa Duke passed away. I loved him so much my heart could burst! He was one-of-a-kind. So thankful I was blessed to have this sweet, strong, hilarious, story-telling, musically-talented, superb chef, and best teddy bear ever as my grandpa. This is the first anniversary of his passing that my grandma is with him."

Yes, he's the same Papa Duke as the one in THE DACHSHUND ESCAPADES books, and much of the things I wrote about, he actually said and actually did.  He was the kind of person whom all dogs loved immediately, so to me, that's proof positive of the wonderful man he was.  

Dogs just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton