Saturday, August 28, 2010

LIFE'S LITTLE ANNOYANCES

Do you ever wonder why certain small annoyances happen they way they do? 

 As a Christian, I know that God is in control.  Period.  However, those little daily aggravations that pop up certainly make life interesting.  Sometimes it seems that they are all working together to make the day as difficult as possible!!  I know it is merely my outlook at the moment, and that events and happenings do not gang up on me (do they??). Here are some instances I've dealt with, and I am sure you have as well:

Why do people seem to slow down when I am in a hurry?  Whether I'm driving, standing in a line somewhere, or trying to get through the grocery aisle, others become movie actors running through a field of daisies in slow motion.  (Really!)

Why doesn't it rain if I bring my umbrella?  Well, most of the time it doesn't--BUT if I forget and leave the umbrella in the car, BOOM!  The bottom falls out as I am walking across the parking lot.

Why do small children, more often than not, do the exact opposite from what they are told to do?  I know the answer of course, but human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Why does toast always hit the floor buttered side down?  That has never happened to you?  It will.  Just wait.  This premise is also true of jam, peanut butter, honey, or anything else that is messy.

Why don't I think something is funny if someone tells me that it will be?  Movies, TV shows, jokes . . . if someone tells me, "Oh, you will split your sides laughing over this!"-- that is the death knell to any humor for me.  Odd, isn't it?

Have some little annoyances to share?  Lave a comment below or email me on the "contact me" sidebar link.  I'll include some of them in a new post sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton