Saturday, September 4, 2010

GRANDCHILDREN, A.K.A. HAMS AND PRINCESSES

Our three grandchildren "hamming it up"
Their mom was poised to snap this picture when the baby yawned--so she told the girls to yawn, too!  This picture will be priceless when they are in high school (heh, heh).

"Smiley" - our grandson at 6 months
To all grandparents out there:  aren't grandchildren an extra special blessing from God?  I know ours certainly are.  I can't believe how silly I can be, just to get a smile from the baby!  He's become a great mimic, so he and I enjoy making faces at each other.  Others in the family also join in the fun, doing whatever it takes to hear that baby chuckle coming from him.  To me,  a baby's laughter is one of my favorite things to hear.


And the granddaughters love to dress up in their princess dresses (oh, they have several in their princess box, complete with tiaras and scepters).  They often ask me to "announce their arrival at the ball" in my best British accent (which isn't very good, by the way).

As they come through the parted curtains from the foyer, I announce:  "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Miss____, wearing a lovely blue gown of silk, enhanced with a white fur wrap. As she removes the cape to reveal her gown, it features an overskirt of shirred chiffon and flower accents.  With the puffed sleeves trimmed with lace and chiffon, the jeweled bodice with a sweetheart neckline, she now curtsies before you, turning around slowly; please note the matching shoes featuring tiny slender heels and with bows at the vamp . . . " 


After the third time or so, the "announcer" usually begs off!  Such is life in a day with the grandchildren.  What a blessing they are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton