Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dabblers of the Faith?

As a Christian, I don't put God in a box to be trotted out for Sunday services.  He is an integral part of my life, not "something" to be put away, compartmentalized, and categorized until I want to bring Him out for my wants/needs.  He is not a celestial bellboy or a heavenly vending machine.  I believe Joni Earickson uttered that last sentence many years ago, so I don't take credit for it.  Today, the mission of Christianity and the Church is running on autopilot rather than having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ . . . and sharing it with the world.

What brought this on, you ask?  There are those who would have Christians put up, shut up, and give up.  I'm not going to do that!  I must stand fast on His promises, stand up for what is right, and stand strong in the face of evil in this world.

Fellow Christians, we must pray, serve, witness, and study with renewed energy!  We cannot  be mere dabblers of faith . . . but committed soldiers going forth to all the world to spread the Gospel in His name. 

Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton