Wednesday, November 1, 2017

THANKSGIVING: A SEASON FOR THANKS


Image result for thanksgiving imagesNow that Howl-o-wiener is over, it's time to turn our attention to Thanksgiving--my favorite holiday! I have much to be thankful for, and this holiday hasn't been as commercialized as the others. In fact, it's a day devoted to being with family, sharing the traditional family meal of turkey and dressing, and giving thanks for how the Lord has greatly blessed this nation and our families. That is not to say that we don't have difficulties and/or problems, but that God is in control, is always faithful, and will guide and direct us if we trust in Him.

Image result for thanksgiving images

There isn't space here for me to list all I'm thankful for, but I will say that apart from the gift of eternal life that the Lord provided for me (and I've accepted it by trusting His Son Jesus as my personal Savior), my family means the most to me on this earth. We will all meet together in heaven one day, and that is the greatest blessing of all!


My favorite meal is always the Thanksgiving meal, commemorating the meal that our forefathers shared with the Native Americans. We, too, must always be grateful for this country and its bountiful blessings.
Image result for thanksgiving meal

During this season, I'll once again share Sarge's Thanksgiving story, like I always do each year. Join me in giving thanks and be grateful for our lives. The human condition can sometimes be difficult, dangerous, and depressing--but it can also be abundant, joyous, and fulfilled.

God bless you and your loved ones, doxie lovers.

Image result for thanksgiving meal
Norman Rockwell, artist ~ an American classic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton