Thursday, August 24, 2017

GOOD-BYE, UNCLE HERMAN

My last living uncle, Herman Lambert, passed away last night, surrounded by his family at the hospice facility where he was residing following a fall. He had been in declining health for the past year. He was 87 years old.

His family was with him in the hospice facility, and they got to tell him good-bye "until later." He was my late mother's last living sibling--there were ten of them. Clark and I will be traveling to the funeral, which will be this Saturday in North Carolina. As far as I know (some of them died many years ago), all of the brothers and sisters are now together with our Lord.
Uncle Herman was always so cheerful! Although I didn't often see my relatives much growing up because of Dad's military career, Herman loved to tell stories, entertaining young and old alike. He was always humming some tune or other, or singing as he worked in they yard, and he and my mother were close in age (he was three years younger) as well as in friendship. Until this past year, he played the guitar in a group of his cronies who got together regularly to make music and fellowship.
Please remember in prayer Aunt Betty Ruth, cousins Teresa and Gary, the grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

The pictures below are from my mother's funeral in 2013:

L to R: Uncle Herman, wife Betty, my cousin Kathy;
my brother Steve and I are on the back row

Herman regaling us with one of his stories

With our daughter Bethany

With our daughter Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton