Tuesday, August 22, 2017

DUKE'S MEMORIAL WALL

Duke's memorial wall in our home office is shaping up nicely. Below are the items in total:


  • A small picture on the right, one of my favorites of him, which we named "Sly Duke"; 
  • His paw print plaque just above the red heart flag: it's round and white, so it's hard to see in this picture below, but it includes his paw print taken just after he passed - it is also inscribed with his name and a heart;
  • The large picture on the left is a 16 x 20 print given to us by our daughter Holly - our daughter Bethany took this picture last Christmas;
  • His collar, which Duke wore for several years, encircles his paw print plaque.

No automatic alt text available.
RIP 06/28/07 ~ 07/28/17


Will we add anything to this wall? Perhaps. There are a number of great pictures of him, but I can't put them all on the wall. 

How are we doing, almost a month after Duke's passing? Much, much better, although we still miss him so much. According to other pet lovers who've lost a pet, you never get completely over the loss of a beloved pet. I agree. I do fine during the day, but at night when I'm trying to go to sleep, my mind wants to remember Duke, so it's hard for me to go to sleep still. Normally, I sleep rather well, and I anticipate that this area will also get better as time goes by.

The terrible sadness and pain don't visit me very often now; I try to stay busy to keep my mind from those sad images at the end when he was so sick and suffering so much. I WANT THOSE GONE, but that, too, will take time.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.

Image may contain: dog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton