Monday, February 2, 2015

SELF-ESTEEM NOT LACKING IN DACHSHUNDS!

Of course this doxie is accurate!  With no lack of self-esteem, dachshunds think they are as important (and as big) as any other dog out there, and are noted for their brashness.  I love that trait--but they are brats, aren't they?

I don't care.  They are just so cute that they can get away with being brats and show-offs.  My doxie Duke is right up there with them, too--he tells us off regularly!  We never tolerated that trait in our children when they were at home, as one of our daughters so pointedly reminded me one day when Duke was responding to my "no." He wasn't happy that I wouldn't let him do something, so he barked his annoyance to me in no uncertain terms. But he's just a dog, I say.  Children are expected to learn how to act appropriately.  My daughter replied that dogs can learn, too!

Yes, I do spoil Duke, and I know it--no matter.  He has so many other great qualities that his moxie doesn't bother me at all, and my husband laughs at him regularly.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love (AND understand) 'em.

Buddies--and this wasn't photoshopped


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton