Friday, January 9, 2015

TWO YEARS


Yesterday, January 8, marked two years since my mother's passing.  Time does heal, but thankfully, it does not take away precious memories!  The purple iris was one of her favorite flowers, and I can't see them without thinking of her.

All of us do miss her--I especially miss our talks, and I knew I could tell her just about anything.  She WAS MY MOTHER, and I suppose one does not really appreciate what a blessing is until it is no longer there.


Oh, I appreciated my mother and all she had done for me, or so I thought.  Now, as I look back, I wish I had spent more time with her in those final days.  Of course, we didn't know exactly when her time would be up--we knew it was coming, but not when.  The most beautiful thing about her death is the fact that she was a Christian, and she knew where she would spend eternity--in heaven with the Lord.

I posted the comments below yesterday on Facebook in regard to her passing:

On Saturday afternoon, Jan. 5, I visited her, and we spent several precious hours talking 
and reminiscing--it was like she was her old self again, and said she felt great. I think the 
Lord gave me the gift of that day with her since she had been in and out of the hospital for 
several months. The doctors had told her there was nothing else they could do for her. 



Then, the nurse called me Monday morning and said Mom had taken a turn for the worse. I 
went over and stayed with her all day, and the nursing home staff came in and out to say 
their good-byes to her because they knew she didn't have long. That was a very difficult day 
for me. Clark and I went back Mon. night--she was barely conscious, but she did know us and tried to talk. She died Tue. before I could get over there. 



We will see her again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton