Saturday, May 17, 2014

FRIED OKRA, FAMILY REUNION, AND OTHER STUFF


Our youngest daughter Bethany is flying in from Phoenix today to be with us for ten days before, during, and after my knee surgery.  We last saw her and hubby Kurt at Christmas, so we are really looking forward to having her with us.  Holly and her family are also thrilled to have her sister visiting.


One thing Bethany requested:  FRIED OKRA!  A true Southern dish, she always wants a lot of it when she visits, and she even heats it up in the microwave for snacks :).

A trained chef, we are looking forward to having Bethany cook for us!  She's also vegan, and we promised to eat "her" food with gusto.  Anything she's made that's vegan is very tasty and good--and I've requested her special homemade guacamole dip.  It's chunky, flavorful, and I could make a meal out of it with tortilla chips.

In any case, we appreciate our daughters--Holly came for my last surgery and made us several casseroles for the freezer so Clark could have a break.  Our church life group also sent cards, called, visited, and provided meals for us.  So thankful for my many blessings!

Clark cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and did practically everything for me until I could do for myself.  What a wonderful man he is!

I don't look forward to the surgery or to the pain afterward, but I do look forward to being stronger and walking better than I have in years.  My family is the best, and I am so thankful for each one of them.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton