Thursday, March 21, 2013

AH . . . THOSE EARS!

Although doxies have a stronger sense of smell than of hearing (they are hounds, after all, and 40% of their brains is devoted to smell), dogs can still hear much better than mere humans.

Even if we are in the back of the house, my doxie Duke starts barking when Clark drives into the driveway, and I haven't heard a thing! 

One thing (of many) that I love about dachshunds is their ears.  I simply love long, floppy ears more than the short, pointed ones.  And I have fun making "hairdos" with Duke's ears, such as what I call "pig ears," where I fold them back and then pull the ends forward--but not to worry--we are gentle, careful, and he seems to like what he considers an ear massage!

I love it when their ears flop when they run, too.  It's simply endearing!

Duke's "pig ears"


"Ah . . . resting is such fun"






"WHAT did you say??"



"Do not disturb"



"I. Will. Get. Up.This. Hill . . ."



"No, I am not a rabbit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton