Thursday, May 31, 2012

DACHSHUNDS FOREVER UPDATE

Shadow and Duke


**NEWS FLASH:  Since writing this post, the manuscript was completed and sent to my publisher in early August.  It is now awaiting publication!**

Several readers I met at a recent book signing asked about this book, so I promised I would keep them posted.  Therefore, here's my DACHSHUNDS FOREVER update:
Bat impression!

I now have over 95,000 words and still have a few chapters to go! Maybe I should split it into two books--because I don't want to say good-bye to THE DACHSHUND ESCAPADES . . .



Piper
There is so much I want to include in this supposed-finale of the series!  I have already written in more of Papa Duke's stories, Sarge's encounter with "Elvis," his long RV trip out west, his take on several of his human family's birthday parties, and his training and mentoring of Duke.



Tate
Sarge's humorous shenanigans with the family's felines are also chronicled:  Piper, Aslan, and Tate and Joey, whom he dubs the "Fuzz Brothers."

Joey


I plan on finishing the manuscript in June and complete my editing, tweaking, and rewriting--then it's off to my editor at OakTara.   Several months after that, DACHSHUNDS FOREVER will enter the publication process and become a book, in both paperback and e-book editions.

Stay tuned for further updates, fellow doxie lovers!



Aslan





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton