Monday, February 13, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY: THIS IS TRUE LOVE


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, when hearts, love, flowers, and candy are prominent.  Those are all fine, even enjoyable, but for those who are searching for something more eternal and lasting, your free gift is waiting: 
believe Him, accept Him, and turn your life over to Him.  This post is not about embracing a religion, but accepting a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus.

And, just like any other gift, one cannot earn it, nor can one lose it, once an individual has accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior, thus receiving God's free gift of eternal life.  

"For it is by grace are you saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves; it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  My father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.  I and the Father are one."  John 10:27-29 NIV




He is the way through which one can obtain eternal life:  "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  John 14:6 NIV

I turned my life over to Him on December 9, 1975, and have never regretted it.  Have I had problems or difficulties in my life since that night?  Of course.  But the difference is that He is always with me, guiding and uplifting me.  I don't have to go through the valleys alone.  And I know that my eternity is secured, so I am not fearful of what tomorrow brings.  This fact puts everything "down here" in proper perspective:  "I don't know what the future holds, but I know WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE."

On this Valentine's Day, may yours be full of blessings and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton