Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"A" IS FOR . . . GRANDCHILDREN!

No, I haven't lost my mind--I know that the word "grandchildren" begins with a G.  To put your mind at rest regarding my mental acuity, each of their names begins with the letter A, and they are the light of our lives as grandparents.  Annika is seven, Alexa is six, and Asher will be two next month (already??).

All three of them have delightful personalities, and I enjoy being silly with them:  playing Barbies with the granddaughters while using funny voices (I usually attempt a foreign accent), or looking at picture books with Asher and purposely using the wrong names when pointing to animals.    For example, I'll point to a dog and say, "Look at that nice cow."  He loves to correct "Gamma."


They have a kitty named Aslan, so I suppose he qualifies to have his picture here as well:

Aslan was rescued by a neighbor's cat who brought him up to the house when he was only a few days old.  Nobody could determine where he came from, so our daughter Holly nursed him back to health.  He was dehydrated, covered with fleas, and tiny.

He's turned into quite a handsome red-point Siamese, don't you agree?  And he participates in everything that goes on around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton