Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RANDOM THINGS I LIKE AND DISLIKE

This post is a work in progress, because later in the day or week I'll think of something else to add.  These are just things I thought of off the top of my head and are in no particular order--I could probably come up with at least a booklet's worth if I tried! 

I don't like . . .
Dogs that bite on purpose
Unruly children
Parents who try to buy off their children instead of parent them
Liver, even with onions (I love onions, though)
Dishonesty in any form
People who won't look me in the eye
Being bored . . . but it probably beats being stressed
Spiders in any size, color, shape, or form
Mosquito bites
Sunburn (it takes me about five minutes to acquire)
Shoes that are uncomfortable, no matter how stylish
Braggarts and self-absorbed people
Junk sitting around
Getting older (new aches and pains unheard of in youth)

And I like . . .
Rain, especially thunderstorms
A good laugh,even if about something corny
My wonderful family
Friends, both near and far
When my hair cooperates
Cosmetics (I have loved putting on makeup since I was a small child)
A good, Scripture-based, well-delivered sermon (like our son-in-law Philip preaches!)
Long-stemmed, dark red roses - gorgeous!
Chocolate in any size, shape, color, form
Being a mom and grandma
Dachshunds, especially Duke and Shadow
A good read, full of inspiring and uplifting thoughts
Bright colors
Antiques
Enjoying the fruits of Clark's home renovation projects
Good health
Getting older (problems are more easily handled now)
Classic films, like GONE WITH THE WIND, CASABLANCA

How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton