Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A DAY IN THE LIFE . . .

Can you believe that I currently have absolutely NOTHING to write about??  There is nothing new going on here, nothing happening, nothing to share.  I am not even going to add any photos this time.  What kind of a dull life am I leading, anyway?

This kind: 
  • My entire family is well--nobody is sick right now.  What a blessing!
  • I have people to love and who love me.
  • I have relatively good health, except for the part about aging and decrepitude.
  • I am blessed with a wonderful husband, a mother, a brother and his family, cousins, sisters- and brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews, aunt and uncle, two daughters, two sons-in-law, and three grandchildren (who happen to think I am great :).
  • I have a caring church with friends, and a pastor who "rightly divides the word of truth."
  • We have three funny "animules" in this house, and they entertain us daily (unless, of course, they are annoying us).
  • I have a reason to laugh daily.  Humor is good medicine.
  • I have saved the best for last:  no matter how difficult life gets, no matter what happens, I always have my faith in Christ that sustains me!  The poem "Footprints" is right.  What more could I possibly want or need?
Sometimes we simply need to STOP and take stock to realize everything we have, not everything we don't have.  Right now, I can't think of anything I else I want or need. 

I have a refreshingly mundane existence.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton