Thursday, October 19, 2017

HOWL-O-WIENER DOXIE: KING TUT!

No automatic alt text available.


I'll always think of the actor Yul Brenner as the Pharaoh Ramses when I think of Egyptian pharaohs. I first saw the movie The Ten Commandments as a child when we lived in Bremerhaven, Germany. Released on October 5, 1956, I was a mere nine years old. I was really impressed by the parting of the Red Sea, the graphics for the ten plagues of Egypt when Ramses would not let the Israelite slaves go, quite a feat for its day. Since this film was made 61 years ago, methinks I am officially old--or I will be on my birthday in a few weeks. *Sigh*

Image result for yul brynner as ramses
Yul Brenner as Ramses


Of course, the film isn't completely accurate according to the biblical account of Moses, the plagues, and the pharaoh, but it was quite spectacular for the 1950s and is still shown on TV every year.

Today's doxie looks quite regal in his own right--but there's not much resemblance to this King Tut golden mask:
Image result for king tut mask


Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, 'cause they're all royalty (at least, they think so)!

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton