Monday, February 8, 2021

COVID, TENDONITIS, AND BOREDOM

 So . . . readers have noticed that I had quite a hiatus from this blog for the past year. Thankfully, nobody in my family has had covid (YET), but during the lockdowns, I spent too much time on my smartphone and thus developed tendonitis on my right hand. My bad. The ortho doctor said to wear a brace and refrain from using that hand for several weeks. So I also (1) didn't have much to write about, and (2) I couldn't write about it, anyway! That scenario led to boredom, boredom led to sleepiness, and that led to a lack of motivation on my part. 



So, since my tendon is better now (but not perfect), I won't require surgery, but I still have to be careful. I never use my smartphone now without using the brace AND the phone pillow my hubby bought me to relieve the strain on my hand. Both help tremendously!




What have I been up to in the meantime? Not a lot--just keeping the house immaculate, watching interesting documentaries, and cooking. We do get together with our daughter and family who live nearby, and we do attend church (with masks, social distancing, and hand washing, of course). Hubby and I also eat out about once a week in selected restaurants who practice a great degree of sanitation and social distancing of customers. We recently went to a restaurant that was packed and not a mask in sight! 

Life is still good, however. I haven't yet been able to get the covid vaccine because it is scarce in our area, but I will eventually. My hubby got his through the VA, so he's good.

I plan to start blogging more regularly again, so until next time, be safe and take care, doxie lovers!


This was me during lockdown


1 comment:

  1. I have been impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts. I just want to say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming! Your exuberance is refreshing.Satta King | Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton