Thursday, February 18, 2016

DACHSHUNDS: THEIR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE


My doxie Duke loves to rest under a blanket on the couch--or on a lap, or on a bed, or on a recliner--as long as he has his blankie.  He's definitely a lap dog, a people dog, a social dog--unless he wants to nap.

Oh, and he'll definitely poke his nose out if someone happens to have food, or if I'm in the kitchen cooking something (we have a pass through at the stove, which opens into the living room). He usually gets up and comes to check out what I'm doing. If I'm using cheese in the meal, OF COURSE I'm expected to "drop" a bite or two his way. I'm also supposed to share if any meat--like bacon, ham, turkey, etc.--are going to be in the meal. It's just a given in his mind.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, the chow hounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton