Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

We did some Christmas shopping today.  Remind me next year to order everything online!

Some stores literally looked like a bomb had gone off in there since everything was scrambled up so much.  And I didn't detect very many happy faces, either.  Most of the shoppers I saw just looked grimly determined to "git 'er done."

Why did I wait so long to shop?  I've been very busy the past few months getting two books released.  In fact, I've sent the paperback manuscript of Book 4, A DACHSHUND'S TRIBUTE, to be published, and it will probably come out next week.  WHEW!

Back to Christmas shopping:  nobody likes to give presents at Christmas more than I do!  However, I know it is not about giving and receiving gifts, although that is fine.  It is about the ultimate gift to mankind from God: His Son, Jesus Christ.  We are celebrating His birth.  In our family, we put that first, so everything else then falls into its rightful place.

For those who can't or won't say Merry Christmas, it is a shame.  God loves us so much, so I am emphasizing the positives of this lovely season.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton