Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT OTHER PETS??



For those of us who love our doxies, it's hard to imagine why anyone else would feel differently.


Shadow the granddawg

 Oh, other pet owners who have cats and OTHER DOG BREEDS (shock!) love theirs just as much as we do.  We've had cats and other dogs, but I really believe that none of them can even compare to dachshunds.  No brag, just facts, ma'am.
 
Other dogs have good qualities, too; however, a doxie is everything rolled up into one perfect little dog!  Therefore, I can honestly say that I believe the dachshund is the epitome of what dogs should all be :).  Yes, I'll admit they are stubborn, but I think that comes from their intelligence.  If they were dumb, we'd give them a pass, so why not do so for stubbornness, too?  Can I hear an "amen"?

Shadow is 13, so he's getting on up there in age, but he's still a very sweet and cute doxie.  He shows his love to all of his family, and he still plays, albeit not as much as when he was a puppy.  Guess what?  I don't play as much as I did as a child, either!
 

Duke, my precocious baby
All in all, having Duke in our family has been a big plus.  He's a great companion, he's comical and makes me laugh, and he's loyal.  He shows us love in so many ways:  doggie kisses, wanting to be close to us, following us around the house (especially if we have FOOD),  and ALWAYS does his business outside.  He is simply a lot of fun to be around.

 Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton