Monday, December 9, 2013

CHRISTMAS DOXIE #10: REINDEER DOXIE


For a change, here's a doxie that is a drawing rather than a live doxie dressed up for Christmas.  Thought I'd give the dawgs a break today :).

This black-and-tan variety (my favorite doxie coat by far), is really decked out:  antlers, bow, jingle bell collar, and a silver garland--surrounded by greenery, holly, and poinsettia.  Nevertheless, even in the drawing, he does not thrilled, does he?  As you and I know, our doxies generally don't like to be "messed with."  Oh, they'll tolerate coats, hats, boots, and the like--but not because they like it.  They do it because they like US.

When I was around nine years old, my family had a standard red dachshund named Elia.  We lived in Bremerhaven, Germany, at the time, Where my US Army dad was stationed for three years on a tour of duty.  Elia would allow me to dress her in baby clothes, wrap her in a baby blanket, and push her around in my doll baby stroller.  Well, I enjoyed pushing her in it outside, along the sidewalks surrounding our military quarters on post.  People would often stop, thinking to indulge this little girl by asking to see my "baby"--imagine their surprise when they looked in and saw a doggie dressed up like a baby instead of a doll!  I had great fun watching their expressions.  Many wondered how I managed to keep Elia still.  Nothing--she was perfectly content being wrapped in a blanket and pushed around like that. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Other breeds celebrating Christmas + a kitty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton