Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HERE'S THE OTHER POLICE PHOTO AS PROMISED

 
 
A few posts ago, I wrote about my stint as a police officer as a much younger woman :).  At the time, I could not find the picture of my police academy class (do you know how many boxes of pictures we have at our house??). 
 
In any case, here it is below: 
 
 
                     
 
 
 Since there were only two females in the class, I don't think you'll have any difficulty locating me.  We were a couple of the first (if not the first) female police officers back then (1971)--women mainly served as "meter maids," who walked around town issuing tickets for expired parking meters.  Nope.  We served as regular duty officers, and I was assigned a partner, Officer R.D. Williams, who was very helpful, kind, and patient to me.  In the Community Relations unit, we gave talks at schools, civic organizations, and businesses regarding police work--but we also worked beats as well.
 
It was a very interesting year of my life, and I'm thankful to have had that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton