Saturday, July 13, 2013

ARE YOU A TIGER AFICIANADO, TOO?

Visiting the tigers at the Greensboro Science Center
                                                 

It's no secret to those who know me that I adore tigers--I think they are the most beautiful animal that God created.  Their majesty, their coloring, their eyes, their large paws--and yes, even their ferocity--are simply amazing to me.

The big cats and house cats act the same in hunting down prey, too.  Whereas a house cat is crouching and ready to pounce upon a small toy, the tiger is doing so to pounce upon his lunch--another animal.  I also enjoy watching mama tigers with their babies; their maternal
instinct is so tender and loving.  However, when those babies reach the "toddler" stage and are biting and chewing on Mama's ears and tail, she lets out a roar that would shake the windows of any building!

I would love to have a tiger as a pet.  Oh, I know I could not afford to feed him, would probably turn into his lunch, and could not provide enough exercise to keep him fit.  But I would love to sit in our sunroom and rub his ears, back, and scratch his belly like I used to do to our cat when we had one.



We've all heard stories about wild animals who show a tender side toward people and small children.  Their natural tendency is self preservation, but I also think that they somehow realize that some humans mean them no harm.


In any case, tigers are beautiful and always mesmerize me.  I have watched countless TV programs about them, always go to zoos for the express purpose of seeing the tigers, and read about them whenever the mood strikes. 

"Tyger, tiger, burning bright . . ."  from the William Blake poem speaks of my love for tigers.  Perhaps he loved them, too?

"Where did that bug go?"
 
 

"Okay, kitties, scratch a little to the left . . ."
 
 

 "Rub-a-dub-dub . . ."
 Tigers are one of the few cats who like water!
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton