Saturday, June 15, 2013

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY





Here's wishing all you dads out there a wonderful Father's Day.  Oh, I know dads don't get the attention that moms do on Mother's Day . . . but that doesn't mean we don't love and honor you just as much.

Two men have made my life so much better than it would have ever been without them:  Dad (now in heaven) and my husband Clark.  Dad was a fun-loving, gregarious sort of man who went all out with things that he loved:  cooking, gardening, music (he learned to play the guitar by ear as a young man), laughing, telling his funny stories, etc.  And he loved his family very much.  I sure do miss him!

Clark is a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather.  Always selfless and doing for others, he's a very special human being, even if he won't acknowledge it :).  We all know how talented and loving he is!  I know he's saved our family thousands of dollars over the years with his handyman skills:  repairing, installing, updating, creating, and improving things around our homes and working on vehicles.  He never brings attention to himself (unlike moi), so it's up to me to tell the world that he is so wonderful. 

Thank you, Lord, for bringing this man into my life.


My late dad, Robert Duke, who loved
being a chef
 
 
                                      Clark and me
                                      with the grandkids

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton