Thursday, May 9, 2013

A DOXIE'S THOUGHTS ON MOTHER'S DAY!



Dear Mom,

Thank you for loving, feeding, protecting, playing with, and talking to me!  I understand far more than my humans give me credit for, you know.  I just don't always choose to do what you want, but that's just my nature--I am my own dog, after all.  That doesn't mean I don't love you, though.

Sorry I can't bring you flowers for Mother's Day, but that doesn't mean I don't love you just as much as your human family does.  Tell you what:  I'll be especially obedient and will give you some extra doggie kisses just to let you know how much you mean to me.  Deal?

If you catch me watching you at times, it is just that my heart is so full of adoration for you--oh, I know that "adoration" sounds a bit much, but that's exactly how I feel about you, my human mom.  You chose me when you didn't have to; you have loved me and taken care of me when you didn't have to; and you have taken time out of your busy life to make me a part of your family when you didn't have to.  THANK YOU, MOM.  I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton