Sunday, May 29, 2011

REFLECTIONS ON ARIZONA . . .

Hello from Arizona.  Our daughter Bethany had surgery last week, so I'm out here to help her as she recovers.  Her hubby has to return to work in a couple of days, so Mom is here as her gofer :).

Clark and I visited here in July '08, but we DROVE (you gotta do it at least once).  Not realizing, my right arm was fried from the sun streaming in the van window, and it HURT.  So, that put quite a damper on our visit then.  It was 120 degrees most days while we were here, too, so it wasn't much fun to be in direct sunlight.  When we visited the Grand Canyon, I had my arm all bandaged up for protection.  I realize I should have worn sunscreen, but it's too late now!

Today it is 84 and breezy, a beautiful sunny day in the Phoenix area, and not taking any chances, I AM WEARING SUNSCREEN.  With low humidity, it is very comfortable and pleasant.  Those of you who live out here have got it made most of the year, but I suspect you already know that!  Besides, everywhere I look I see beautiful landscaping, even if it is with rocks, sand, cacti, and stone.  There are flowering plants and palm trees galore.  Most everything looks new and well kept, also.  I congratulate the powers that be for making this metropolitan area so inviting.

Bethany is home from the hospital and doing very well.  Getting up and down is the most difficult thing, but once she's up, the walking around isn't too painful.  One thing I've noticed here, although I thought it was "only in the South" - people are very friendly with smiles and hellos.  Oh, nobody's told me their life story in a checkout line yet like in the South, but people are friendly and helpful here.  I like.

I'll be flying back home Saturday.  I do miss my family and my DAWG, but I am enjoying being here with our daughter and son-in-law.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton