Tuesday, January 25, 2011

IT'S SANCTITY OF LIFE WEEK

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart:  I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  Jeremiah 1:5 NIV

Every time I see a TV commercial about saving the whales or stopping the abuse of animals (and these are worthy projects), I yell at the TV: " WHAT ABOUT THE INNOCENT BABIES??"

Roe v. Wade was handed down in 1973 (see  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade) and this is a controversial subject.  However, isn't anything that is in line with biblical principles controversial?  And it always has been down through the ages.

Depriving life from our generation of the unborn--I don't care what name proponents call it--is the taking of innocent lives. The question ALWAYS comes up:  "Well, what about rape?"  These are a tiny percentage of all the babies aborted, but I reply with a question of my own:  "Is it the baby's fault that he/she was conceived?"  That soul has a right to life, and although "it is a choice," the baby cannot choose.  We are supposed to protect those who cannot protect themselves.  We do it for whales, birds, all manner of endangered species--but society in general finds it acceptable  to do away with babies.  Why?  There are so many reasons, but that old reliable, SIN, is the reason.

Saw a thought-provoking bumper sticker a few years ago:  WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER HAD HAD AN ABORTION?  I cannot fathom why so many people are not bothered by this issue.  They cry over a puppy that was run over by a car, but don't bat an eye over millions of babies' deaths. 

"Abortion is a God issue, and I think the first way you see that is in Psalm 139 where it says 'I am fearfully and wonderfully made' (verse 14). And the language that is used is that a baby is knit together in its mother's womb. Well who's the knitter? The knitter is not nature. The knitter is God, which means that what's happening in a woman's tummy is that God is at work. God is making a human being.

"Now, you don't mess with that. You just don't get in God's face and say, 'Let me at it! I'm going to take it out! I'm going to chop it into pieces.' You don't do that. " 

--quoted by permission from John Piper, http://www.desiringGod.org/

Let's pray, work, and support those right-to-life organizations and crisis pregnancy centers out there.  We must stop this generation's version of the holocaust, defined as "any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life."  This issue is too important to simply pay lip service to it or even ignore it altogether--it simply won't "go away"--we must get involved!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you , Robin
    ( quinn on Christianwriters.com )
    This is far more important than many understand.

    ReplyDelete

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton