Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Tribute to My Hubby!

My own father, Robert Duke, has been with the Lord for nearly ten years.  Our family still misses his wide grin, robust laugh, and storytelling--and we always will, on this side of heaven.  But today, I want to honor my husband extraordinaire Clark, who is a blessing as my husband, a wonderful father to our two girls, and a loving "Papa" to our three grandchildren.

He is the most honest man I know; he does not ever try to draw attention to himself; instead, he shuns it (diametrically opposite from me!).  He does what is right because it is right, not for any other reason (isn't that enough?)  He is also quiet and unassuming.  "Puttering around the house," as he calls it, is something he truly enjoys, and his "puttering" has renovated our old fireplace into a thing of beauty, turned our back porch into a sun room, our front walk into a welcoming pathway.  He can fix just about anything, much to the amazement of other family members who aren't quite as handy.  I once asked him how he learned to repair so many different things, such as cars or appliances--he just shrugged, like it was no big deal.  But it is to us!  Those repairs are his way of showing he cares, and we all know it . . . that is why we appreciate him so much :). 

He is always thinking about others and doing things for them.  For instance, he prepared lunch for all of us today, on Father's Day!  Even if he is tired, he'll still take time to play with the grandchildren, fix something broken in the house, or simply bring me a cup of coffee. 

The kind and loving things in life add such abundance to it.  He is "the" valuable jewel in my multi-faceted adventure of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!

Dachshund Books for Dog Lovers!
Click on the BOOKS tab at the top of this blog

Write a Review!

Write a Review!
Visit www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton